Thursday, 17 November 2011

I Was Afraid

I was afraid you'd hit me if I'd spoken up.
I wan afraid of your physical strength, I was afraid you'd hit below the belt.
I was afraid of your Sucker Punch.
I was afraid of you reducing me, I was afraid of your alcohol breath.
I was afraid of your complete disregard for me, I was afraid of handles being punched into walls.
I was afraid of your testosterone.
I was afraid of verbal daggers, I was afraid of the calm before the storm.
I was afraid for my own bones.
I was afraid of your seduction, I was afraid of your coercion.
I was afraid of your rejection.
I was afraid of your intimidation, I was afraid of your punishment.
I was afraid of your icy silences, I was afraid of your volume.
I was afraid of your manipulation, I was afraid of your explosions.

I have as much rage as your have
I have as much pain as you do
I've lived as much hell as you have
I've kept mine bubbling under for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment